I generally don't follow or read a ton of fashion blog - you know, the ones who only post outfit posts daily. It's nothing personal, I just prefer lifestyle type blogs where I can feel like I am connecting more to the person behind the blogger. Plus, I like to read and generally, an outfit post is all visual.
So, last night I was scanning through a few fashion bloggers that I do follow and I started thinking about the reasons why I don't follow more fashion blogs, and why I could never have one myself.
I love fashion. I like looking at it, to a point. But, if I had to choose fashion or comfort - I would choose comfort hands down.
Reasons Why I Will Never Be a Fashion Blogger:
- I just don't have the style. Seriously, as much as I love fashion - I just don't have it. Unless I am going out or working, you can probably make a safe bed that I will lounging around our home in an oversized sweater and comfy pants. I can't get home and into my comfortable clothes fast enough some days! And honestly, I have not answered the door bell before because I'm not "dressed" or my hair isn't brushed. That's just how I am.
- I can't imagine taking self portraits every day - for 30 mins to an hour. I just have zero interest or time for that. I respect those fashion bloggers that do, because I can only imagine how much they have to do to post 1 outfit post. Personally, I would much rather sit down - laptop in hand and type out a thought provoking or lifestyle post.
- Jealousy and Money. Do you know how long it took for me to learn what the words c/o meant next to something? Now everytime I see it on something that is awesome and I would love to have, jealousy rears its ugly head. It's sad, but true. I could never, ever justify spending $300 on a sweater and to start out as a fashion blogger, I can only assume how much money you would need to spend to spruce up your wardrobe on a regular basis!
- I've never shopped at the 'cool' places. I've never shopped at Nordstrom, J.Crew, Bloomingdales, etc. etc. I tend to stick to less expensive places as I just can't justify spending that kind of money! I'm an avid shopper of Forever 21, Aeropostale (best comfy clothes!), Old Navy, Le Chateau and I just recently made my first ever purchase of 2 sweaters at Macy's - so I've expanded a little bit there.
- I don't like or wear high heels. I've worn high heels twice in my entire life -- at my wedding and at my middle school graduation. It all goes back to my love of comfort!
But, in all seriousness - to all the fashion bloggers out there, you have no idea how much I admire you. While I may not be the type of reader you are looking for that will stick around - I love your ability to always look polished, match perfect outfits and have professional looking makeup. In a way, I wish I could do it, but I know it is just not who I am - and I'm okay with that.