I am always so jealous of travel bloggers. I haven't seen much of the world yet, and can count the number of states, provinces and countries I have visited on 1 hand -- Ontario, Quebec, Florida, South Carolina, Delaware, New Hampshire. Pretty sad.. and one of my goals is to travel more. Some of these vacations I'm sure won't happen until well after my retirement, but a girl can dream, right? :)
Here are my top 14 vacation spots on my bucket list:
1. AfricaBoth mine and my husband's dream vacation. To go on an actual real life safari would just be such an amazing experience and so much fun to do! This one needs to be crossed off the list soon.
2. Paris, FranceI need to see the Eiffel Tower in person - I just need to. I also love the French culture so much. The times I have been to Quebec have been amazing, and Paris would just amplify that.
3. ItalyI have a smidge of Italian in me and Italy has always seemed like such a rich, peaceful place to visit. Plus, italian food? Yes, please!
4. British Columbia, CanadaI have always wanted to visit each coast of Canada, and British Columbia has such beautiful lakes. Such beautiful country!
6. New York CitySuch a happening place - so many things to do and visit. I would LOVE to spend a week here just exploring the city. Large cities usually scare me, but New York would be such an awesome experience.
7. ArubaJust take a look at how beautiful that water is! I'm not much of a swimmer, but I could lounge about for hours with a cool beverage in hand. It seems like this would be such a relaxing vacation.
Greece has always fascinated me -- their culture and their architecture. It would really be something to see this in person.
9. AustraliaI'm not sure how well I would do in the heat of Australia, so I think we would have to visit in their Winter season. Barry has quite few cousins living in Australia right now, so this one is a definite possibility some day!
10. CaliforniaAnywhere in California - doesn't have to be San Fransisco or Hollywood, just anywhere. I find this state to be so amazing and can't wait to visit.
13. IndiaNot just for the amazing architecture, but also? The jeweller in me wants beads! Direct from India that I can buy in person. I would love to go here and visit some markets and bead factories. Unfortunately, I think this trip would probably be the most expensive on the list and I would probably need an extra ticket to fly all my bead purchases back to Canada with me!
14. Roswell, New MexicoSo, it may just the teenage fangirl coming out in me -- but I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Roswell, New Mexico. Even before the show Roswell, this place always fascinated me with how many theories and stories came out of here. I just find it interesting.. and this wouldn't need to be a big trip. As long as I could check out a UFO museum and take a picture in front of the Roswell, New Mexico city sign, I would be happy!