Sponsor Spotlight: Kate from Kate the (Almost) Great

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's that time of the week again - time to meet one of the awesome people hanging out on my sidebar this month! I would like to introduce you to Kate from Kate the (Almost) Great. Now, Kate truly inspires me because she is a 9th grade teacher AND is a published author. Just from that alone, you know her blog is going to be a good read!

Here are a few of my favourite posts:

Let's get to know Kate a little by a quick Q&A session:

What are the 5 best words that describe you? And what are the 5 best words that describe your blog/shop?
Me: caffeinated, creative, stubborn, caring, nerdy
Blog: food, sparkly, coffee, yoga, interior design (let’s pretend that’s one word, okay?)

What is one thing that people might be surprised to learn about you?
I’m a huge nerd. Not only do I love old books (especially 19th century), but I love shows like Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, and The Tudors. Huge nerd alert, right here.

Why did you start blogging and what keeps you going?
I started blogging to get wider exposure for my writing career. However, it was great because it gave me a reason to write every day. I need to make time to write fiction so that I can publish again within the year, but blogging at least exercises my writing skills on a regular basis, which really helps.

If you could be any animal in your next life which would you choose and why?
A house cat. They basically get to lay around all day and get food and love whenever. Seems pretty legit to me.

What is one of your biggest current pet peeves? 
Students shouting out questions to me while I’m in the middle of speaking. I teach 9th grade, and this drives me crazy. Every class period, every day.

If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
I’m a teacher, and I love it. However, if I could be a full-time author, that would be even better.

What are some of your favourite blogs?
Awkward Giraffe, The College Prepster, Helen In Between, Life With rMe, Pearls & Curls, Two Thirds Hazel

If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
Jane Austen – she is my favourite author and the inspiration for some of my writing (including my book Aureole)

What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
When I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, my entire life changed. I had been in pain for many years before then, but it changed everything. Now, 3 years after I was diagnosed, I am so much more functional than I was then. I am grateful for that moment every day, as putting a name to it didn’t change what was going on and it only ensured that I could get the treatment I needed.

If you could have any super power what would you choose and why?
The ability to heal people. I want to help take away pain and suffering from other people.


Check out More About Kate & Her Blog:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger