Sunday Social: Week 64

Sunday, August 25, 2013

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
Not have responsibilities, in a way. Not that I would ever want to be a kid again for years - but I wouldn't mind having a day or two away from responsibilities. Also, freedom. Kids are so free and positive!
 
2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?

Loopy. It's still my nickname to this day, and was given to me by my father. I have no idea why - it's not like I was a loopy child, I was pretty shy and quite throughout my life. Whenever I hear someone call me Loopy now, I just smile and think of my dad.
 
3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?

Write notes to friends (I did this a lot in class too!), gossip or jump rope.
 
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?

I've answered this before and there are several answers, which I think every child growing up has different phases about what they want to become when they grow up.. unless of course, they know immediately. Which if you did? Kudos to you. I wanted to be everything from a singer, journalist, novelist, veterinarian, police offer, graphic designer, lawyer. You name it and I probably wanted to be it.
 
5. Did you participate in any school activities?

I did in public school, not so much in high school. In public school I was very athletic and was a member of the soccer team, the basketball team, the volleyball team and the relay team. Back then, I even joined a summer soccer league as that was my favourite sport.
 
6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?

Hmm, I know for a fact I still hear the story about how I ate ants when I was 1-2 years old at my brother's birthday party. Apparently one of his friends left their plate sitting outside on the ground and while no one was watching me, I wandered over and started eating it -- ants and all. I suppose my love of cake started at an early age. I probably looked like this, plus ants, when I was caught in the act:




Sunday Social

3 comments:

  1. Lol ants. I remember a cousin of mine was playing in the dirt and started putting his fingers in his mouth. My grandmother said that everyone has to eat dirt sometime in their life lol. It's so funny how we used to do all this crazy stuff as kids, whether good or bad, and now we look back and it's like thats so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I too would love not having any responsibilities--I definitely didn't appreciate being a kid while I was one! I love the ant story! Hey when cake is involved what harm do a few ants do right! Visiting from the Sunday Social!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it makes you feel any better... when i was little tried to eat ants just on their own.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger