6 Years Ago Today

Sunday, September 15, 2013

 6 years ago today my life changed in a way that I could never have known at the time.
 
 
Today is Barry and I's 6 year dating anniversary. I can't even imagine a time when he wasn't in my life and couldn't imagine my life without him. He is truly my best friend and although we have had struggles over the years, we have always been there for each other, and our love has never been stronger.
 
 

Communication is key. We have always been good at communicating with each other. It certainly helps that we do almost everything together as it is, but even when we don't, we share everything and I love it every morning/night when we talk to each other about our work day when we are apart.


 
 
 
Another milestone that has the same anniversary, and is extremely important to our relationship is today is Barry's 5 year anniversary of sobriety.

It wasn't easy going through that first year, dealing with alcoholism, but we made it through thanks to our love and understanding for each other. I still remember the day that Barry promised me he would quit drinking. I told him it was the last straw, and it had to happen or we were over because I couldn't watch him harm himself any longer. I had no idea at the time how strong he truly is because he did it. 5 years ago today and it completely changed our lives together. I was very proud of him that day, and every day since for his strength and determination.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger