So, clearly. I suck!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Yes, I suck at blogging.
 
I posted my 'I'm back' post 2 months ago, and then nothing. I tried, I really did, to get back into my blogging groove but it just wasn't there. And then more life happened. I am going to attempt to get my groove back, once again, because I truly love blogging and the community as a whole.


What has happened in the last 2 months?
 
Well, I am now officially unemployed, laid off, whatever you want to call it and honestly, it couldn't have come at a better time. Knowing that the lay off was coming, and then being extended another 3 months.. it was just more stress than I could take, and it was taking it's toll on me. I was suffering from severe anxiety and stress. Not only from thinking about the financial aspects of being out of work again, but for the fact that my work load those last few months had quadrupled. It was stressful, and I experienced the worst anxiety symptoms I have ever felt.
 
I have now been off work for about a month, and I am just now starting to feel better. Starting to feel more like myself again. Like I can take a breathe and relax. Some stress is still there, but it's a lot easier to cope with now.
 
I have also spent almost every weekend the past few months doing craft shows. I have learned so much in that aspect of my business, and it has been a huge challenge for me. I am the definition of an introvert, and am not very good at attempting to sell my work in person. But, I did it, and I'm doing it! Couldn't be any more happy with myself, and the lessons I have learned have been so valuable.
 
I have a show tomorrow, and then 4 more before the end of the year. After that, I'm not too sure I will continue doing shows, and mainly focus on my online sales, but it has been an eye opener for sure!
 
More posts on that and all the lessons I've experienced later.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger