Sunday Social - Week 84 - All About Blogging

Sunday, January 12, 2014

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
Starletta Designs, which is also the name of my business. I've only been actively blogging here since August 2013, but my first post ever on here was from June 2012. I have had a blog in the past - many, many years ago though. But technically, I only consider this one to be about 5 months old!

2. Why do you blog?
So many reasons! The main one is that I like to have a creative outlet - a place that is all mine, a place that I can share pieces of my life, thoughts, feelings and experiences. It will be nice years from now to be able to look back and read about certain moments, and feelings. I know, it sounds like I could just keep a journal, right? But that's where the other reasons come in - I always blog because I love the blogging community. I love meeting amazing people through their blogs and connecting with them. I might not be the most outgoing person, offline and online, but I love reading about other people's world and experiences. And I figure if I'm going to read and comment about theirs, they should be able to do the same with mine - it's only fair!

3. What is the first blog you ever followed?
Hmm.. I honestly can't remember, but I would say it would probably be an Etsy business blog as I started following a lot of small business owners at the start of my blogging journey.

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2013?
It took a lot for me actually put this post into words, and I was concerned that it wouldn't be taken how I meant it. It was a pretty real post and it was extremely nice to get those thoughts and feelings out.

5. What are your blogging goals for 2014?
I have very generic goals for 2014 - I want to write more openly and often. I want to be more active on social media - facebook, twitter and instagram (which I now actually have, thanks to my iphone! Here I am, with all of 1 instagram follower, haha!)

6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow?
Top 3? It is so hard to pick only 3.. there are so many awesome bloggers out there that I follow and adore their blogs. I could do a top 50, easily! But, here are my picks:


 
 
 
Sunday Social
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog and I only just found out about your designs thanks to this post! So beautiful!!
    Perhaps I will attempt to do this Sunday social thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm glad you enjoy my blog, thank you :) You're up to 4 instagram followers now, I'm glad you're on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! And now I have a few more blogs to check out! Thank you for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh what a lovely surprise to see my bloggy listed! :) i hope to continue working on my writing on my blog as well this year.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and can't wait to read more! Also loved having more blogs to check out -- thanks for sharing!

    Alison, http://lavieambrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger